TERMS and CONDITIONS
The Royal Courtyard previously known as “The Royal Hotel” is situated in central town at 103 Main Street, Matatiele next to the Pick N Pay Supermarket. It is close to shopping centers, banks, medical facilities & adjacent to the Magistrates Courts & Municipality Offices. The older portion of the hotel was built in 1919 & the site is rich in history.
It is said that the last formal duel in South Africa took place behind the hotel. The establishment was purchased by the present owners in 2004 & has been undergoing extensive renovations, upgrading & additions.
We are the largest establishment in the area and our client base includes national and provincial government departments, ngo’s, professionals, company representatives, construction contractors, church organisations.
We offer tranquil, clean & comfortable accommodation.
There are presently 3 conference halls and 71 rooms, all of which are en-suite. Most of the rooms are self – catering with stove, micro-oven & bar-fridge. Every bed has an electric blanket, and each room has an auto-kettle, panel heaters or air-conditioner & DSTV.
We have Standard, Deluxe, Luxury and VIP Rooms. In addition our Deluxe and Luxury Rooms offer hair-dryers, shaving mirrors, ironing stations, full length mirrors, writing desks, air–conditioners and a modern wardrobe. The VIP rooms include baths, and an additional lounge room.
There is ample covered parking in a completely secured environment with access control gates. Free Wifi is available throughout the establishment. There is also an in-house restaurant.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ’embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
1. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
- Booking and cancellation PolicyBookings will only be confirmed on receipt of payment or acceptable voucher order of a prior approved third party & is subject to availability of accommodation.
- 50% cancellation fee after confirmation of booking.100% cancellation fee 1 week prior to arrival.
- Payment by cash, credit card & bank transfer only. Cheques are not an acceptable method of payment.
- The Royal Courtyard will endeavor to uphold prices quoted, but reserve the right to change prices without incurring obligations.
- Payment is due for the period reserved & no refunds will be permitted should departure occur at an earlier date for any reason.
- The maximum number of persons occupying a room shall not exceed the number of persons as reflected in the booking.
- Meals & soft drinks will be forfeited for any booked guest that has not physically checked in and present, without exception.
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
We reserve the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
We accept MasterCard, Visa and Diners credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order. All of your order details will be saved online under in the Your Account section available for use whenever you’re ready! Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Virtual Card Services process all online credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to Zodiac Trading Pty Ltd and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by Zodiac Trading Pty Ltd for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.